About the Bike Chairs
The Duet™ is an orthopedically shaped fiberglass wheelchair attached to the back half of a bicycle with a battery assist pac to aid on hills and provide a smoother ride.
The chair has good suspension and light handling, and its off road tires are excellent on gravel and dirt tracks. There are twin drum brakes on the chair's wheel, and a back-pedal brake on the cycle wheel.
The bikes can accommodate both a rider up to 275 pounds and a passenger up to 275 pounds. The battery assist enables trained volunteers of all ages and athletic abilities to volunteer to pedal.
The DUET has been safety tested and has passed US and Canadian government regulations.
Healing Rides' Bike Chair Safety & Comfort Features
#1 Feature.....FRESH AIR AND SUNSHINE
- comfortable cup shaped wheelchair
- split footplates for safe boarding into the wheelchair
- tire shield covers to keep hands out of the wheels
- removable headrests and armrests
- chest harness seat belt on the wheelchair
- 7 speed pedal assist (approximately 19-25 miles per charge)
- twin drum brakes on the chair's wheel
- back pedal brake on the bicycle
- helmets for both driver and rider